Monday 2 August 2010

Small Change Magazine

It has been a long long time since I've updated my blog. One reason was that I lost everything on my hard drive including 5 or 6 articles I had written. Hopefully I will get them written up again and on here soon.
The second reason is that I have been tied up with finishing the first Issue of new free North East culture magazine, Small Change.

We have distributed nearly 3000 complimentary copies of Small Change around the North East so be on the look out for it in a bar/gallery/knocking shop near you. It's wonderful. It was designed by the incredibly talented Mickey Devine (www.mickeydevine.com) and edited by yours truly and Colin Young alongside the Sunderland University MA journalism students. If you would like a copy send me a mail on mark@smallchangepublishing.co.uk


The launch was at Plugged Inn, Sunderland and the guys there were most welcoming and helpful. I'd recomend it for a do or a even just a quite pint.
Issue one features pieces on the Bobby Robson Foundation, Sunderland Youth Music Workshops, Middlesbrough Music Live, Urban Exploration, Stockton Globe Theatre and much much more.


Small Change publishing will be looking at producing issue two of Small Change come September, as well as another new Arts magazine venture called Don't Hate focussing on innovation in the arts. Keep your eyes peeled.

No comments: